Friends of other faiths who do not consider Mormons (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) Christians, might be surprised to find out that many of their familiar hymns are also in the Mormon Church hymn book. A few of those are
- How Great Thou Art
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
- All Creatures of our God and King
- A Mighty Fortress is our God
- How Firm a Foundation
- Be Still my Soul
- Rock of Ages
- God Be with You Till We Meet Again
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- Faith of Our Fathers
…and traditional Easter and Christmas hymns.
Come Thou Found of Every Blessing is not in the current hymnal, but it is a popular song for Mormon choirs to sing. Here it is by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir:
And here is Amazing Grace as sung by the Choir:
Other hymns sung by Mormons show our love for Jesus Christ:
- Abide with Me!
- Again, Our Dear Redeeming Lord
- As I Have Loved You, Love One Another
- Before Thee Lord, I Bow My Head
- Behold the Great Redeemer Die
- Come Unto Jesus
- Come, O Thou King of Kings
- I Believe in Christ
Mormon children sing of their love for the Savior:
- All Things Bright and Beautiful
- Beautiful Savior
- Did Jesus Really Live Again?
- He Died that We Might Live Again
- I Feel My Savior’s Love
- When He Comes Again
- I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus
- Jesus Has Risen
Mormons love the Savior and praise Him through song. Mormon hymns and songs from the Children’s Songbook are online.